1. All manuscripts meeting the requirements listed below and submitted between February 1, 2022 and April 15, 2022, will be considered for the cash awards as well as for publication in the Broad River Review.
2. All Rash Award contest entries must be submitted through Submittable (see the link at the bottom of the page). A contest entry fee of $15 (U.S) will be collected. Writers may submit multiple times in one or both genres, but the $15 fee will be collected for each entry.
3. No previously published works or works accepted for publication are eligible, including previous online publication. Simultaneous submissions are eligible, although any manuscript accepted elsewhere must be withdrawn immediately.
4. Poetry entries are restricted to five poems, with no more ten pages total per submission. Fiction entries must be double spaced and no more than 5,000 words.
5. Winning manuscripts will appear in the Broad River Review, Volume 53, which will be published in late fall of 2022. All entrants will be mailed one copy of the Broad River Review 2022.
6. Manuscripts will be judged blindly. In the Submittable submission form, enter contact information (including name, address, phone, and email), a short biographical entry, and the names of all titles submitted for the contest. Writers must NOT include their names anywhere in the file name or inside the attached manuscript file. For those who enter more than one submission to the Rash Awards, please include a name and address for a gift copy of the Broad River Review 2022 in the Submittable form of any subsequent entry.
7. Winners will be notified by telephone. Finalists may also be offered publication, and will be notified through Submittable. All entrants will receive notification with a full list of winners and finalists by June 1, 2022, at which time all manuscripts not selected as winners or selected for publication will be released to authors for submission elsewhere.
8. In the event that judges do not deem any submissions worthy of the prize, we reserve the right to extend the call for manuscripts or to cancel the award. If an award is canceled, entry fees will be refunded.
9. Anyone with a previous reciprocal professional relationship with the judges will be disqualified from the contest. Submissions will be screened by the staff of the Broad River Review, and finalists will be forwarded for final judging.